- An audible signal given by time keeper 30 seconds before actual end of bout.
- Extension; after a draw, the match goes into overtime.
- Victory by default
- Warning with an ippon penalty, ippon added to opponents score.
- Judges' decision. Rendered by judges' flag signal after referee blows his whistle.
- Draw: referee crosses arms over chest, then uncrosses and holds arms out from the body with the palms showing upwards.
- One point match; used in tournaments
- Out of Bounds; Referee points with index finger at a 45° angle to the area boundary on the side of the offender.
- Severe warning; penalty of Waza-ari imposed for which a warning has previously been given. Referee points index finger to feet of offender.
- Warning for lack of regard for one’s own safety. Referee points 1 index finger in the air at a 60° angle on side of offender.
- Three point Match
- Ring (size = 8-10 meters square)
- Disqualification; opponents score raised to sanbon.
- Start the Match
- No point
- Brawl (melee)